Truth is many of us are sensitive to Gluten without knowing it.
Here are 5 things we thought you should know about what Gluten could do to your body.
1. Gluten is bad for your gut, it can cause digestive issues such as gas, bloating, diarrhea and even constipation.
2. Keratosis Pilaris, (also known as ‘chicken skin’ on the back of your arms). This tends to be as a result of a fatty acid deficiency and Vitamin A deficiency secondary to fat-malabsorption caused by gluten damaging the gut.
3. You may feel fatigue, brain fog or tired after eating a meal that contains gluten.
4. Causing inflammation, swelling or pain in your joints such as fingers, knees or hips.
5. Links to mood issues such as anxiety, depression, mood swings and ADHD.
You could read more about what gluten does to your body online, we are not saying don't eat gluten completely (I know it's hard, pastas!!!) but its good to know its effects and maybe you could try going off and notice the difference.